Old 26-06-2006, 05:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

Default I want a golf course lawn

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:37:57 GMT, "Shane"
wrote:

I recently bought a house in Central Missouri. My lawn was horrible. There
were humps, holes, bare spots, etc. I've been using Ortho Weed B Gone, to
get rid of all the leafy stuff. I've pretty much got the weeds under
control, now I'm working on the moles.

My question is this: I have what seems to me as several kinds of grass in
my yard. What I DON'T know about grass could fill a thick book. How many
kinds of grass are there? What do I have to do to get an even looking yard?
I want it all the same shade of green and nice a thick. I wanna walk
barefoot and feel like it's carpet. I can't imagine I need to till
everything up and replant grass. Or do I? Do I need to fertilize or what?

Advice?

Wifey asked how we could get a golf course lawn, after I looked into
the requirements, lots of water, frequent mowing, and a reel mower, I
said "no".

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com