Old 26-06-2006, 05:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

Default Help! My new lawn is dying!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:51:25 -0500, Steve
wrote:

wardk wrote in
:

Hi Guys,

I laid a brand new lawn about two months ago, using turf from a
reputable dealer.

I cleared and levelled the ground, and laid the turf on top. I
carefully watered it every couple of days. Within a few weeks bare
patches started to appear, and now the bare patches are about equal
with what grass is left. I laid a similar lawn on much worse ground a
few years ago with perfect results, so I don't understand what I've
done wrong.

Help!

Thanks.

--
wardk
World! 100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers
- Total Privacy via Encryption =---

I was always told when you get turf, you have to water it much more then
seed. Soaking it twice a day for the first 2 weeks or so until it
establishes itself.

I heard the same thing, since the roots are short, and the top layer
of soil drys quickly, frequent watering was required.

later,

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com