Old 26-06-2006, 11:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
V_coerulea

Default broccoli...

Here in z8 we plant broccoli about once a month starting in Sept and
finishing in Feb. That way we have good heads and side shoots from
Thanksgiving to Easter (and as long after as the weather cooperates). By May
the weather becomes too hot and the plants and flavor suffer. As long as the
low temps stay above 20F and highs stay below 80F for any prolonged periods,
broccoli is a good crop here in S South Carolina.
Gary

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The first weekend in April, I planted 6 broccoli plants. They took off
like a rocket, without any fertilizer too. Anyway, they seem ready to
harvest, I thought broccoli was a fall crop. Is it to soon to harvest
broccoli?