Old 27-06-2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Zuchinni - how long to leave on vine?

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3
days ago. There were no
males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's
not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want from
blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a
female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing it
so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.