Old 27-06-2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Zuchinni - how long to leave on vine?

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3
days ago. There were no
males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's
not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want from
blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a
female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing it
so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.

Old 27-06-2006, 11:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz

Matthew Reed said:

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3
days ago. There were no
males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's
not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want from
blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a
female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing it
so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.

Pick it and eat it. Teeny baby veggies were very trendy a few years back.
I try to pick mine when they are really small (but some manage to escape
notice).

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 27-06-2006, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
. ..
Matthew Reed said:

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3
days ago. There were no
males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's
not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want
from
blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a
female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing
it
so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.

Pick it and eat it. Teeny baby veggies were very trendy a few years back.
I try to pick mine when they are really small (but some manage to escape
notice).

They taste better if you charge yourself $4.99 per lb for them.

Old 27-06-2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
news
More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3
days ago. There were no
males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's
not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want
from
blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a
female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing
it so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.

I would toss it. We pick them when they're about 8" long and the seeds are
still tender. For frying we let them reach 12" or more.

[IMG] code is On

how long to leave on wire James Bonsai 0 22-02-2004 12:05 AM
How long to leave lights on? Aku, Shapeshifting Master Of Darkness Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 18-07-2003 10:16 AM
How long to leave lights on? Aku, Shapeshifting Master Of Darkness Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 08-06-2003 05:56 AM
How long should I leave my lights on? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
How long should I leave my lights on? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 08-04-2003 07:08 AM