Old 27-06-2006, 11:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz

Default Zuchinni - how long to leave on vine?

Matthew Reed said:

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3
days ago. There were no
males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's
not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want from
blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a
female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing it
so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.

Pick it and eat it. Teeny baby veggies were very trendy a few years back.
I try to pick mine when they are really small (but some manage to escape
notice).

(attributed to Don Marti)