Old 27-06-2006, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

Default tomato photos

"K" wrote in message
fourmations writes

Okay im scared now...

I have been nipping side shoots all over the place
I thought that was the idea?

I have a main stem and 4 or 5 "branches" off them with big leaves
are these not the flowering trusses?
I have stopped the plant at the top and I have pinched out
everything that has come between the branches and the main stem

I asked all about tomatoes recently on the forum and
was told I to chill out and just watch the plants
and it will all make sense (not to me obviously!!)

Chilling out and watching isn't quite the same as nipping out side
shoots without waiting to see what they develop into ;-)

There's not a lot of things in gardening that have to be done
immediately - there's usually time to watch and wait and see what
happens, and it's by far the best way of learning.
--
Kay

Thanks Kay

What the diagnosis though?
Have I pinched out the trusses?

I have mothered these from seed from Feb!
Have I scuppered any chance of a yield?

rgds

4