Old 18-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Hobbs

Default what trees are good for moist soils?

"redclay" wrote in message ...
HI HI- wrote in message
.. .
in my back yard towards the woods the ground stays somewhat moist. its
partly shaded. im wanting to plant alot of trees back there. what trees
would grow well in this soil? im in georgia.
thanks
Sweet gums, maples, tulip populars and willows will do just fine down yonder
in the wet lower 40.

As far as fruit trees, I grew up in Seattle where there's lots of moss and
moist of the year the ground is pretty moist. In my neighborhood we had
these trees: Plums, Pear, Granny Apple, Red Apple, Cherry.

There were lots of other trees that did well. The fruit trees that
produced the best fruit were shielded from the prevailing wind and
not directly exposed to sunlight all day in the summer (sounds weird,
I know.)

-McDaniel