Old 29-06-2006, 08:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Transplanting Camelia's

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:39:55 GMT, lid (byreferral) wrote:

I live in the San Gabriel valley of So Cal and have approx (12)
camelia's that are approx 10-12 years old if not older. They line the
houses foundation (slab foundation) and face north & east (partial
to no sun). I would like to transplant them to face west (full sun)
along my rear wall.

Any idea's, suggestions, discouragement would be appreciated.

Please don't use apostrophes where they don't belong, as in the simple
plurals "camellias" and "ideas".

moving, contact the Huntington. They have a camellia grower who
regularly exhibits at the Huntington's garden sales. Ask to be put in
touch; he can give you the straight dope on moving.

I have 5 camellias situated the same way -- on E. side of house,
So. Calif. coastal. They have been there many, many years -- over 50,
I'll bet; were there when I bought the house. Seem to be doing fine.
Why do you want to move yours where they will get full sun
in San Gabriel Valley? Much hotter than where I am.

Persephone