Old 18-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Warwick Dumas

Default chamomile lawn

"steve Snider" wrote in message
Hi,

I've taken a fancy to planting up a small chamomile lawn. From what
I've read it's best to use chamomile trenegue, but does anyone know
where I can get it from - I've seen the occasional plant at the odd
nursery/online at around £1.50 a plant but that works out expensive
even for a small area.

Sow? For some reason, what T&M market as chamomile lawn is chameamelum
nobile, or anthemis nobilis, not trenegue, but anyway it cost me about 2.49
for a packet.

It's a good thing you just said this, because it reminds me to water my seed
tray (which has well over 100 plants in it). I would say that if you got
hold of it right now then there's still time to sow this year. (Actually the
packet says Feb-June but I don't trust that.)

Also, has anyone any practical experience of using it as a lawn - I
was wondering how practical it really was, it wouldn't be heavily used
(we won't be playing 5 a side football on it!), just the odd day
lounging in the sun on it.

No, haven't got there yet.