Old 29-06-2006, 11:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
ant

Default dog friendly gardens

peter wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
peter wrote:
Hi all
I share my place with four dogs, I'm on 5 acres NNSW.
I've noticed they love my lemon scented Verbena, they chew on it
daily. I'm curious to find other plants others have seen to be
enjoyed by dogs. Thanks peter

I had a large prostrate rosemary, and the fox terrier used to love
sitting in the middle of it.

--
ant

Ta.
I'll lookout for one. They leave my other rosmary alone, (upright).
It is near the scented lemon verbena, which is trying to keep up with
the dogs, but only just.
Cheers

She really did a job on this rosemary. I wondered if maybe she was after
lizards or something under it, but she'd just sit in it for hours. She
totally changed its shape by her activities.

The dogs also love sticky weed. You don't want to plant this stuff, it's
horrible, but they love to eat the seeds. It's some creepign, very fine
weed, and it sticks to everything.When you try to pull it out, the
connection to the roots is really fine, and it breaks off. I don't know how
the seeds taste, but they totally go for it. They'll be in there for hours,
stripping off the seeds.

--
ant