Old 29-06-2006, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default Hampton Court Flower show

On 29 Jun 2006 06:35:05 -0700, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

I'm planning to take my 1st trip to a flower show and go to the Hampton
Court flower show next week.

Is this show any good , has anyone ever been before ?

I've been once before when I was only mildly interested. I enjoyed it
but completely underestimated how big it is!

I am going this year (Saturday 8th) and am looking forward to being able
to buy some things to bring back and stick in my garden - I have a very
long list from the Chelsea Flower Show ;-)

As with all these shows be prepared to be on your feet for a long time,
take a packed lunch and something to drink, take some time to plan if
you've got the programme in advance and try to keep relaxed when it gets
busy - as it will.

The only other tips that I've gleaned from reading posts are take
something to sit on like a bin bag or towel in case the ground is wet.
The other important tip which was invaluable for Chelsea is take a
notebook, pen and camera. It hadn't dawned on me to take a notebook and
pen (duh!) and yet it was the thing I used most.

--
Paul C