Old 29-06-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default Hampton Court Flower show

I'm planning to take my 1st trip to a flower show and go to the Hampton
Court flower show next week.

Is this show any good , has anyone ever been before ?

Old 29-06-2006, 04:07 PM
jbl jbl is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardening_Convert
I'm planning to take my 1st trip to a flower show and go to the Hampton
Court flower show next week.

Is this show any good , has anyone ever been before ?
hi,i went about 2 years ago and had one of the best days out ever,flowers at the show are great,but the garden layout at hampton court are brillant,hope you enjoy it as much as i did...........jbl
Old 29-06-2006, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

On 29 Jun 2006 06:35:05 -0700, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

I'm planning to take my 1st trip to a flower show and go to the Hampton
Court flower show next week.

Is this show any good , has anyone ever been before ?

I've been once before when I was only mildly interested. I enjoyed it
but completely underestimated how big it is!

I am going this year (Saturday 8th) and am looking forward to being able
to buy some things to bring back and stick in my garden - I have a very
long list from the Chelsea Flower Show ;-)

As with all these shows be prepared to be on your feet for a long time,
take a packed lunch and something to drink, take some time to plan if
you've got the programme in advance and try to keep relaxed when it gets
busy - as it will.

The only other tips that I've gleaned from reading posts are take
something to sit on like a bin bag or towel in case the ground is wet.
The other important tip which was invaluable for Chelsea is take a
notebook, pen and camera. It hadn't dawned on me to take a notebook and
pen (duh!) and yet it was the thing I used most.

--
Paul C
Old 29-06-2006, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Colin wrote
I'm planning to take my 1st trip to a flower show and go to the Hampton
Court flower show next week.

Is this show any good , has anyone ever been before ?

Been lots of times.
It is a good show, plenty of room so lots of walking on uneven grass...be
warned, wear very comfortable shoes with a good tread, especially if it's
wet.
Don't drive to the show, the traffic in the Hampton Court area will be
horrendous even by the standards of that area, use the train, Hampton
Station is just across the bridge and they normally run a shuttle river boat
across direct to the show.
If you have to come a long distance and want to drive then park near another
station and still get the train in, it will save a lot of time and
frustration.
Not enough places to sit and I've never found the food much cop btw but then
that is true for all RHS shows.
Weather forecast is for it to be quite hot so take some water and a
hat/turban/umbrella.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden