Old 29-06-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Horse flies

But house flies is the best.

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , Robert
wrote:

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
: My garden (and home) is being invaded by horse flies (three horses are
: stabled in the field next door) and their nasty bites make venturing
: out into the garden quite hazardous. Is there anything I, or the horse
: owner, can do to reduce their number? TIA.

Being completely facetious your heading looked like a silly newspaper
heading, but of course if it was on the sports pages referring to
England's
chances it would be, "Pig flies"!

There is also a bat fly. Bit of a ho-hum headline that would have been.