Old 30-06-2006, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default Low Voltage Garden Lights

The black plastic screw usually turns part way and forces the cable onto
sharp pins underneath the bulb holder.
The cable would not go through the hole, does a tube come apart to allow a
cable to be pushed up and bent over towards thes sharp pins? Or perhaps
there are spaces either side the spike to allow the cablke to be routed up
one side and back down the other, if you see what i mean.

If you can find the maker of the set and search the internet and send link
to them It may be possible to advise further.

Regards
Cineman

Incidentally, you could munge your email address otherwise you may be a
target for spammers

for further details
look at this site

http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

regards
Cineman

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a set of low voltage Brannam garden lights in their closing
down sale and find there are no instructions in the box. I cannot work
out how to fit the cable to the lamps. The stop on the end of the cable
stops it going through the hole near the lamp. There is a black plastic
screw which seems to slide into this hole but does nothing. I guess it
holds the canle in place. But how do I get the cable in please?