Old 29-06-2006, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John

Default Low Voltage Garden Lights

I bought a set of low voltage Brannam garden lights in their closing
down sale and find there are no instructions in the box. I cannot work
out how to fit the cable to the lamps. The stop on the end of the cable
stops it going through the hole near the lamp. There is a black plastic
screw which seems to slide into this hole but does nothing. I guess it
holds the canle in place. But how do I get the cable in please?

Old 30-06-2006, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

The black plastic screw usually turns part way and forces the cable onto
sharp pins underneath the bulb holder.
The cable would not go through the hole, does a tube come apart to allow a
cable to be pushed up and bent over towards thes sharp pins? Or perhaps
there are spaces either side the spike to allow the cablke to be routed up
one side and back down the other, if you see what i mean.

If you can find the maker of the set and search the internet and send link
to them It may be possible to advise further.

Regards
Cineman

Incidentally, you could munge your email address otherwise you may be a
target for spammers

for further details
look at this site

http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

regards
Cineman

oups.com...

Old 30-06-2006, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John

Thanks for both replies, and for the advice about my email address.
I think Cineman has hit the nail on the head. I can take the tube off
the spike and push the cable up the tube, then hold the cable in place
with the screw - and it works. The only trouble is that I lose about 2
feet of cable or more for every lamp. However it must be the correct
answer! I've now got to work out the exact positions before I start
fixing the cable in place! Should be finished by winter.
Thanks

John

cineman wrote:
[...]

oups.com...

Old 30-06-2006, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

in outlook express if thats what you use click tools accounts
news properties and in email box change to something totally ridiculous,
your news reader will still take the posts from subscribed news groups.
Doing this will cut the amouint of spam you are likely to get.
regards
Cineman.
Glad that you have similar lights to mine this made it much easier.....
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
PS Tried to change my email, but do I still get notifications of
topics raised?

John

cineman wrote:
[...]

oups.com...

Old 01-07-2006, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geo

On 30 Jun 2006 11:43:48 -0700, "John" wrote:

PS Tried to change my email, but do I still get notifications of
topics raised?

Are you using google?
Look for a proper newsreader - then web and emails are not involved at all.
Example Forte Free Agent available from:-
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/download-all.php
I suggest version 2.0 for simple usage.

Since you are on blueyonder - why not use their news server:-
news-text.blueyonder.co.uk

Look on the blueyonder website for all the information:-
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=services_newsgroups
or if wordwrap kills that:-
http://tinyurl.com/mfdym

Geo