Old 30-06-2006, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Someone Here

Default Duckweed

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone got a way of getting rid of duckweed. I've tried overflowing the
pond, but it won't all go because it's stuck in the plants. Tried
washing the plants - still comes back because I don't get rid of it all
I suppose. Do I give in and scoop off a bowl a day to create a little
space to feed the goldfish?

Float an innertube drom a bicycle in the pond. Keeps a small space weed
free. Takes seconds to flip the few bits back out.

My fish can see the sun, and the lily has a chance to grow.
When the lily leaves are fully opened I push them out under the tube over
the duckweed.

I have a very clear pond under all that weed, with four very healthy happy
goldfish.

YMMV

Dave