Old 30-06-2006, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned

Default Duckweed

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone got a way of getting rid of duckweed. I've tried overflowing

the
pond, but it won't all go because it's stuck in the plants. Tried
washing the plants - still comes back because I don't get rid of it

all
I suppose. Do I give in and scoop off a bowl a day to create a

little
space to feed the goldfish?

Can I presume that you are 'overflowing the pond' with tap water?
If so, that will be encouraging the duckweed which will be thriving on
the nutrients.
I think you are going to have to 'neutralise' the pond water.
It is several years since I had to do this and no doubt the products
that I used will be banned or out of production by now but, have a
Google for 'pond maintenance' firms or check out your local Yellow
Pages to find current solutions.
There is hope, but no quick solutions.

--
Alan