Old 03-07-2006, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

Default Insect holes in pole bean leaves

"butch burton" wrote in message
oups.com...
A few of my pole bean leaves have insect holes in them - tried spraying
them with a water and a bit of detergent - burned the leaves. What can
I put on the leaves to stop the insect damage?

Granny had me spraying some kind of dust on them years ago - think it
was sevin - that still the best option?

Possibly bean beetle damage. Sevin or Rotenone will control them. Be sure
to get the leave/s undersides. If the vines are in flower, try to limit the
application to the leaves to avoid killing your pollenators.