Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Drip Irrigation

"Zook" wrote in message
"Not@home" wrote in message
Is the stream coming from an emitter, or from the end of the drip line?

Its coming from the emitter. The dripline is rated at 0.5gph at 10 and
15psi and 0.68gph at 20 and 25psi. Unless I am totally not getting it -
any of my pressure regulators 25, 15, or 10 should not be yielding these
results - none of the above should be resulting in a "jet" of water. I
thought perhaps the dripline was a "defective roll" so I tried another
roll and same results.

Many cheap plastic regulators will over-pressure if the volume going through
them is low. Are you using a pressure guage so that you know for sure what
your pressure is? I would get a pressure guage, and a use manually
adjustable regulator- they are not expensive. Make sure the pressure really
is what you think it is.