Old 03-07-2006, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
S.Rodgers

Default Can one grow spring mix (i.e., mezclun) indoors in containers?

Has anyone done this?

I found this reference on the net for a particular brand of seeds:

"2006-07-03 12:51:06
(http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/veg.htm)
Spicy Mesclun Mix
European salad type custom mixture of red and green young salad
leaves, including spicy leaves such as Arugula (rocket), Red Giant
Mustard, Bianca Riccia endive, and mild leaves of red lettuce Marvel
of four seasons, Rouge D' Hiver and Kyona and Tatsoi greens.

Sow every 2 weeks for a continuous supply. Harvest after approx 3
weeks using scissors, some of the plants will re grow."

This sounds great. Sow every 2 weeks for a continuous supply. I
imagine I'd have to sow more frequently as the size of plot isn't
mentioned. But hopefully someone here has done this, or knows of
someone who lives in an apt with balcony, too, and knows _roughly_
what size containers and how often to plant (if this can be done at
all, that is).

Thanks! D