Old 04-07-2006, 02:23 AM posted to aus.gardens
Stan E. Markerson

Default Sea weed solution

"TinanaTaffy" wrote in
to. Whats happeningto the world. You may as well spend the moeny at
the
green grocer and forget about gardening.
Plant what will grow without expensive fertiliser. It gets washed away
most of it... Use only what your plant will respond to. No more.
Recycle organic waste products etc...

I totally agree with the last comment. The only shop purchased
fertilizer I use at times is Charlie Carp - at least it makes use of
the feral European Carp in our rivers. I use mainly Chook manure (from
my next door neighbour), Horse manure, and very recently I got on to
some cow manure - so far have got about 4 1/2 tonnes of the stuff -
cost me $45.00! Most is too fresh to use at the moment, but about a
tonne of it is very well rotted down. Some of the fresh stuff I intend
to put into a drum with water for liquid fertilizer - where I also have
some horse manure, but the well rotted stuff is going straight into the
garden and with two acres of red clay soil to try and bash into shape I
reckon I need quite a bit more. I will also use some of the rotted stuff

You do realize for the average household gardener - handling 4 tonnes of
fresh cow dung is simply impractical?

All I can say is that I use the seaweed solution on my roses and bulbs and
they do very well.

At other times I rely on dynamic lifter.

The seaweed solution is not for soil conditioner - but a good and quick
boost for the plants via their leaf system. The annuals love the stuff.