Old 04-07-2006, 04:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
BB

Default Drip Irrigation

"Zook" wrote in
:

sorry, should have said - the dripline has pressure compensating
emitters every 12 inches.

Sounds like a 1/4" soaker line. And, actually, those aren't Pressure
compensating emitters. Pressure Compensating emitters sit either at the
end of a 1/4" line or in the 1/2" distribution line; they have a barbed
fitting on only one side, the other one is smooth. From what you
describe, those are regular 1/2 gallon per hour inline emitters. And,
yes, they *do* sorta spray out rather than drip and I don't think the PSI
matters a whit.

What I've done to sort of control the spray is to put either the stake
holding the line in front of the hole in the emitter to interrupt the
spray. The water then drips down the stake and into the ground where it
should go.

As far as I know, the only way to get them to actually drip is to remove
them and replace as the diagram he

BEFO
O = Emitters
--- = 1/4" line

----O----O----O----O----O----O----(end)

AFTER:

O O O O O O --Emitters
+ = Barbed T Fitting

But that's a lot of work. Either try to arrange the spray to where you
want it to go or stick something solid in front of the hole and in the
path of the spray.

--Bryan

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *