Old 05-07-2006, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
lawnmower_man80

Default Drip Irrigation

According with the other comment, in my opinion you are not using
self-compensating drippers with the appropiate pressure. If you click
in the link I am enclosing, you could find a table with specifications
for this kind of drippers, I hope they will be interesting to you.

http://www.plasgotirrigation.com/sel...ingdripper.htm

Bye!!

Zook ha escrito:

I installed drip irrigation and need some help with a problem.

I have (from faucet) backflow preventer, filter, pressure regular, hose
thread to 1/2" poly tubing.

The 1/2 polytubing is the distribution and runs about 80 ft. There are about
30 places where I have 1/4 dripline coming off and running to plants. Each
run of 1/4 is 4 ft max. The dripline is rated to 30psi and I used a 25 PSI
regulator.

So, turn on the water and instead of the 1/4 drip line dripping - it sprays
water 3 ft in the air.

I change to a 15PSI regulator - same deal, water sprays a little less but
still shooting a stream and not dripping.

I change to a 10PSI regulator- same deal.

What have I done wrong, why is this stuff spraying and not dripping?

Thanks for any help.