Old 05-07-2006, 01:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph

Default Best way to kill Bamboo?

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:39:17 -0400, TQ wrote:

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news
My garden is infested with bamboo. The stuff grows at an incredible rate,
as much as a foot a day. I've been spraying it with Roundup but that
isn't working. The leaves that have been sprayed turn brown but it's not
stopping new plants from springing up. Does anyone have any ideas? Can I
get agent orange anywhere?

Persistence will pay off b/c bamboo is one tough customer. It won/t go away
with a single treatment, so keep at it, General.

Will Roundup kill the roots or is pulling the stuff out the only solution?
I've been spraying every few days. I pull a few of them but mostly I've
just sprayed because I want the Roundup to travel through the plants and
into the roots. Am I wasting my time with the Roundup?