Old 05-07-2006, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pea_thrower

Default water butts

wrote:
Hello,

I would like to buy some water butts. Where is the best (cheapest?)
place to get them? Is the water company the cheapest? They seem to
sell them for about £35. I think in B&Q and such places it is £24 for
the butt, £10 for the stand, and the diverter is on top of that, so I
guess the water company is £10 cheaper but obviously there is a big
wait.

Thanks.

Why on earth don't the water companies supply butts at cost price. They
are forever bleating on about the amount of water we all waste - here's
a chance for them to reduce it and increase their own profits.