Old 05-07-2006, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default Caladiums in ground

I'm in the D/FW area (sunset 33? 8b?) will caladiums overwinter here in
the ground? Will they look OK next year? I find conflicting info on the
net, it seems many folks pull the bulbs/rhizomes whatever and overwinter
in show boxes, other folks say they never look as good either way and to
just get new ones to plant when the ground warms up.

I'd just like to know what to expect - I doubt I will go to the trouble
to pull the bulbs up as they are in very 'root-y' areas and were hard to
plant anyway. I could mulch over them if that would help.

any experience with this?

tia

Carl

--