Old 05-07-2006, 06:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural

Default Best insecticide for adult mosquitos????

The best way to control mosquitoes is to control standing water in your
area, like ponds, lakes, and little things like that. Well, lakes
aren't so little. But there are some insecticides you can spray around
your house and introduce into areas of standing water that aren't
terribly dangerous. I'm at a lack for an example right now, but here's
a page about how to get rid of mosquitoes:

http://www.getridofthings.com/getridofmosquitoes.htm

Good luck,

Sam

wrote:
We live in a semi-rural area - houses 100 yards or so apart - and
have a serious problems with mosquitos bedding down around the house in
shrubs, etc. There's a row of holly next to the garage, for example,
if you agitate it with a stick, HUNDREDS of mosquitos come pouring out.
They're also collecting under our deck, and a couple of other places.

I tried spraying the holly very thoroughly, inside and out, with a
general purpose insecticide from Home Depot - triazine, something like
that, it was in a red plastic bottle. It had NO effect on the
mosquitos. What can we spray these places with to kill them? How about
malathion? And please, bunny-huggers and anti-pesticide loonies, don't
bother..

Thanks
Ron M. in central Texas