Old 06-07-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rick F.

Default Easy Hydroponics?

In article . com, Blalack77 wrote:
So, what about seedlings? How do I know when its time to move them
into the hydroponic unit?

I don't know that it really matters -- as long as you've got nutrient
enriched water for the plant to consume, I'd think it would be fine..
I *think* in my case a long time ago, we had planted seeds directly in
the hydroponic medium and didn't transplant the (already living) plants
into the medium. I'd say that IF you go that route, you should try to
remove as much soil as possible from the rootball of the plant to avoid
mixing soil with your vermiculite medium, although I guess it really
doesn't matter much I suppose..