Old 06-07-2006, 10:26 PM posted to uk.local.southwest,alt.guitar,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Guy Fawkes

Default Cheap Chinese Les Pauls...

"Just Another Residents Fan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Was on ebay last night and saw an
auction for a Les Paul.

The seller was in China and had an
extremely low opening bid at 3.01 GBP.

Ah!... A Cheap Chinese Les Paul.. Haven't
I seen similar before yet this same Cheap
Chinese dealer had probably more Les Pauls
than Gibsons.

Having noted in the past how Cheap Chinese
goods arriving in the UK can be a pile of
shite and often leave people who dabble in
it so skint that they turn to activities
such as fraud and drug dealing to survive
and keep their multiple wives and not being
from Exeter I was cautious so emailed the
seller if he wasn't simply a Cheap Chinese
****** trying it on.

Anyway, the seller assure me that his guitars
are the absolutely genuine item so buy a few
and take it up with ebay later.

BTW - Postage is 186 GBP

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GIBSON-ELE...QQcmdZViewItem

Some Chinese goods are of fair quality, and very reasonably priced!

However if you are obliged to buy several thousand units, then there is a
great temptation to have 7 thousand units, rather than 3.5 thousand of
greater quality, at the same price....................

The greed thing is largely responible for the generally held view that
Chinese goods are cheap and shoddy, and very possibly the reason why someone
with 7 thousand shoddy batteries, very quickly finds he is out of business!