Old 07-07-2006, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Root Beer Plant

"Tom or Mary" wrote in message

Hoja Santa (Piper auritum) Root Beer Plant. I noticed that the
local master gardeners were growing this plant, but when I
asked
them if it would survive the winter, and come back next week
they
did not know. I live in Pittsburgh,PA was wondering if I
planted it
outside would it come back the next year, or should I plant it
in a
pot, and bring it inside for the winter. I noticed someone on a
plant website said they were growing it in a greenhouse in
Indiana.

Thanks

Tom

Root beer is not made from this plant.