Old 07-07-2006, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Default Homemade creamy soda?

Jen wrote:
"Rick F." wrote in message
In article , Jen wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?

With what? I'd guess you're in the wrong group since this is a
gardening group.. YMMV!

I was just wondering, with the root beer question, and ginger beer. I guess
creamy soda is a different thing all together.

To get a homemade, carbonated drink, you ferment in the bottle. With
root beer, you take the mix with sugar and yeast and bottle
immediately, let ferment in the bottle a day or two and refrigerate.
If you let it continue to ferment, you blow up the bottle. With beer,
you ferment until most of the sugar is gone and complete fermentation
in bottle. Too much sugar before capping and kaboom. This is
appropriate for garden group because it is something to do with stuff
from garden. I used to have three peach trees and made a lot of peach
wine.
Frank