Old 07-07-2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jen

Default Homemade creamy soda?

Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?

Jen

Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rick F.

In article , Jen wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?

With what? I'd guess you're in the wrong group since this is a
gardening group.. YMMV!

Old 07-07-2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Jen wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?

Jen

Look up homemade root beer and try recipe with vanilla instead of root
beer extract
Frank

Old 07-07-2006, 01:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jen

"Rick F." wrote in message
In article , Jen wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?

With what? I'd guess you're in the wrong group since this is a
gardening group.. YMMV!

I was just wondering, with the root beer question, and ginger beer. I guess
creamy soda is a different thing all together.

Jen

Old 07-07-2006, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Jen wrote:
"Rick F." wrote in message
In article , Jen wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?

With what? I'd guess you're in the wrong group since this is a
gardening group.. YMMV!

I was just wondering, with the root beer question, and ginger beer. I guess
creamy soda is a different thing all together.

To get a homemade, carbonated drink, you ferment in the bottle. With
root beer, you take the mix with sugar and yeast and bottle
immediately, let ferment in the bottle a day or two and refrigerate.
If you let it continue to ferment, you blow up the bottle. With beer,
you ferment until most of the sugar is gone and complete fermentation
in bottle. Too much sugar before capping and kaboom. This is
appropriate for garden group because it is something to do with stuff
from garden. I used to have three peach trees and made a lot of peach
wine.
Frank

Old 15-07-2006, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vivek.M

Saved you some work in googling it. Check out:
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...er_Ale_Ag0.htm

Super link with pics and a recipe for GINGER ALE; Just add Vanilla
instead of Ginger. I'm going to try out the ginger-ale!
Old 15-07-2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Not@home

I don't understand why he advocates using bakers' yeast, as it will
impart an unpleasant taste to the finished product. Use champaign
yeast, available where they sell winemaking supplies, to avoid that
problem. They usually also carry extracts and flavorings, such as root
beer and cream soda.