Old 07-07-2006, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Newbie Question - How to start growing roses?

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

I live in the North Eastern Part of Pa. I have NO Roses, but thought
it would be cool to turn a bland area of my yard into a rose area. I
like roses, just have never grown them, and not really sure where to
start. I've done a few searches, and only found 'tips' not really a
newbie guide.

little help?

Thank you,

tom

There's a lot to it - look for a local adult education type class or join a
garden club. When you buy a rose bush it usually comes with directions on
how to plant it. ie how deep to dig hole, mounding dirt in bottom and
spreading roots out, how deep the plant should go, etc But what to trim,
how to cut, what fertilizers to use when - all more critical with roses than
with most plants.