Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Winston Smith

Default Newbie Question - How to start growing roses?

I like roses too, especially the ones that come from the flower shop. I've
learned that roses can be a high maintenance plant after planting a bush in
my backyard garden. It does OK sitting there with the other plants but
isn't nearly what I expected. You have to really coax and baby them to get
flower shop quality blooms. I prefer plants and flowers to just need a
little water, sunlight and some occasional fertilizer. There are many out
there that are very pretty and don't require as much attention. If roses
are really your thing then I say, "Good luck". If you're just looking for
some pretty flowers to grow you might want to think about it again.

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

I live in the North Eastern Part of Pa. I have NO Roses, but thought
it would be cool to turn a bland area of my yard into a rose area. I
like roses, just have never grown them, and not really sure where to
start. I've done a few searches, and only found 'tips' not really a
newbie guide.

little help?

Thank you,

tom