Old 18-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Moan, moan, is the weather never right?

The message
from Gary Woods contains these words:
!

But seriously, I'm not exposing that much of my Celtic skin to the sun.
Equal mixtures of health concerns and common decency...

I know the feeling :-)

I've just bought a couple of three-quarter sleeved loose linen
"grandad"-shirt tops from M and S women's dept, just the thing for
summer gardening.

For cold weather gardening I dress warm, with however many layers of
fleece jumper/bodywarmer/jacket are necessary, double-layer-walking-boot
socks, thick tracky bottoms (plus thermal longjohns in extreme cold) and
a fleece hat. Winter sports shops sell a stretchy short tubular fleece
neck collar which I thoroughly recommend for cosy comfort. My only gripe
with fleece, is the number of small holes that get burnt by bonfire
sparks :-(

Janet.