Old 08-07-2006, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Gene splicing. What whould be the name of user group where things like this would be discussed?

In article .com,
"Mark" wrote:

I stated that due to updates in technology. ;-) Gene splicing. If
you have access and/or ability to do gene splicing, just about anything
is possible. It's kind of a scary area actually!

What whould be the user group where things like this would be
discussed?

You could try sci.bio.botany or try one of the other sci.groups.
I'm not sure. I've never hung out on any of those except for
sci.med.nutrition.

There is also google.com for doing more searches on that subject:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...9-1&q=gm+foods

It does not hurt to have a decent background in biology tho' just to
understand some of the science terminology. ;-)

You might have to hit the library and do some reading.

Seriously.

An understanding of basic botanical taxonomy can be very helpful.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson