Old 08-07-2006, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Where to find sunchokes?

In article ,
tenplay wrote:

I am a type 2 diabetic and was told that sunchokes (Jerusalem
artichokes) are healthy substitutes for potatoes and easy to grow. I
have a large sunny area in the backyard that is unused and am thinking
of growing them there. But where do I find them? I don't see them in
my local supermarket in Western Washington. And if I find them, do you
just bury them in the ground or is their a special technique? Thanks
for any advice.

Look here but it is getting late. Still......Next year may be OK.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/default.aspx

These folks are in Maine.

Bill

--