Old 09-07-2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike

Default Grape broken training shoot

Hi All,

I am new to grapes and was following suggestions on how to train a
grape vine and like a moron I broke off the end of the shoot I had
selected and was training as the trunk. I pulled it too taught and the
tip broke off just above the first wire on a four-arm Kniffen system.

How is it possible to recover from this error? Do I now need to select
a new vine to train as the trunk? Since the grape should theoretically
be around for years I want to do this correctly.

Thanks a ton for any suggestions,

Mike