Old 10-07-2006, 03:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Eric Hansen

K Barrett wrote:
wrote:
K Barrett wrote:

I'm just starting Eric Hansen's book on his first travels to Borneo:
'Stranger in the Forest' ...

I've not read it, but if that is a region you're interested in, try
Alfred Russell Wallace's book, --The Malay Archipelago--.

J. Del Col

I've never even thought about the region. Wallace is the co-discoverer
of 'the origin of the species' no? And the namee of 'the Wallace line'?

Yes on both counts. He was also a pretty good writer. --The Malay
Archipelago-- contains his thoughts on speciation. He was a
professional specimen collector for museums and wealthy collectors, but
he was also a first class naturalist.

J. Del Col