Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Deb Hayes

Default zucchini going golden

Hello--my first post, although I have been lurking for awhile.

I have a single zucchini plant that has started manifesting yellowing
leaves. The yellowing seems to be in the veining of the leaves. New leaves
come in green as they should be, but the older leaves are changing. I have
checked for vine borers or their signs, and nothing. The plant is in a
raised bed filled with organic compost, steer manure, paper and grass.

The other plants in the same bed appear to be fine.

Could a miscreant male dog cause it, perchance? The darned dog has grown an
opposable thumb, and lets himself in when he pleases. He hides it well,
too. He's never let me see it...just the results.

Oh yes...I use a foliar feed of fish emulsion and micronutrients about twice
a month.

Thanks,

Deb Hayes

--