Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Deb Hayes

Default zucchini going golden

Hello--my first post, although I have been lurking for awhile.

I have a single zucchini plant that has started manifesting yellowing
leaves. The yellowing seems to be in the veining of the leaves. New leaves
come in green as they should be, but the older leaves are changing. I have
checked for vine borers or their signs, and nothing. The plant is in a
raised bed filled with organic compost, steer manure, paper and grass.

The other plants in the same bed appear to be fine.

Could a miscreant male dog cause it, perchance? The darned dog has grown an
opposable thumb, and lets himself in when he pleases. He hides it well,
too. He's never let me see it...just the results.

Oh yes...I use a foliar feed of fish emulsion and micronutrients about twice
a month.

Thanks,

Deb Hayes

--
Deborah Hayes
Editorial Staff, pcPolyzine

Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

"Deb Hayes" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds completely normal to me. My zuke plants exhibit similar behavior on
the older leaves in contact with the ground.

How long has it been producing?

Old 12-07-2006, 06:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Deb Hayes

"TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net wrote in message

"Deb Hayes" wrote in message
[...]

I have harvested only three squash from the plant...and the leaves are not
touching the soil. it appears that the color is leaching out of the older
leaves--not the browning that they get toward later summer....

the last squash was rather skinny at the blossom end, rather like a long
balloon that didn't have quite enough air in it.

I have lots of flowers, both male and female, but I feel that the losing of
color indicates something, but I sure don't know what! ideas?

Deb Hayes