Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default Den nobile

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:24:25 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Betsy,

I'm not picturing what you are describing, but I can tell you that in
general, Nobile type Dends normally bloom after a winter dry rest. So I
would rather doubt that it's about to flower.

Also, Nobile canes do have a tendency to look kind of wierd, LOL! If that
cane is not soft or shrivelled I probably wouldn't be too concerned.

Diana

Some of them just need a very restricted watering schedule and some
need to go drink free for 3-5 months. Do you have a name for this
hybrid or is it the nobile species? Could the oddity be a keiki that
is developing 1/2 way up the cane instead of at ground level?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids