Old 10-07-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
betsyb

Default Den nobile

A couple years ago my Den Nobile grew a bunch of keikis. I had given them
all away. Now one of the babies is full grown and is growing parts I never
saw before. The stem is cane like but in the middle is somethiing like a
partially deflated baloon. Will a flower be coming some time soon. Having
only one flower to my credit, I cannot answer this gal? Any thoughts or is a
opicture needed?

Betsy

--
I am beginning to wonder how four years
with no Governor in NJ would be?

Betsy

Old 11-07-2006, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Betsy,

I'm not picturing what you are describing, but I can tell you that in
general, Nobile type Dends normally bloom after a winter dry rest. So I
would rather doubt that it's about to flower.

Also, Nobile canes do have a tendency to look kind of wierd, LOL! If that
cane is not soft or shrivelled I probably wouldn't be too concerned.

Diana

Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:24:25 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Betsy,

I'm not picturing what you are describing, but I can tell you that in
general, Nobile type Dends normally bloom after a winter dry rest. So I
would rather doubt that it's about to flower.

Also, Nobile canes do have a tendency to look kind of wierd, LOL! If that
cane is not soft or shrivelled I probably wouldn't be too concerned.

Diana

Some of them just need a very restricted watering schedule and some
need to go drink free for 3-5 months. Do you have a name for this
hybrid or is it the nobile species? Could the oddity be a keiki that
is developing 1/2 way up the cane instead of at ground level?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
betsyb

I will go back tomorrow and take a picture. Much better than my explanation.
I told her what you had told me about holding off the feeding and water from
Halloween till mid Jan but I think she didn't remember.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:16:35 -0400, "betsyb"
wrote:

I will go back tomorrow and take a picture. Much better than my explanation.
I told her what you had told me about holding off the feeding and water from
Halloween till mid Jan but I think she didn't remember.

Don't post a picture here. This group can not take binaries. Either
post it on Alt.binaries.pictures.orchids or post it on a website and
give us the reference.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

I am beginning to wonder how four years
with no Governor in NJ would be?

Hah! Less expensive, for sure! Your Governors seem to have a tendency toward
raising your taxes when they wake up every morning!

Diana G

Old 12-07-2006, 08:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
betsyb

--
I am beginning to wonder how four years
with no Governor in NJ would be?

Betsy
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
I am beginning to wonder how four years
with no Governor in NJ would be?

Hah! Less expensive, for sure! Your Governors seem to have a tendency
toward raising your taxes when they wake up every morning!

Diana G

We must be wearing signs, "Come Screw Me!!" For the past 10 years I have
voted any name I do not reecognise. If it's familiar, I pass on by. Not much
help if everyone dosen't do it.

Den nobile varieties? Gene Schurg Orchids 3 07-01-2006 05:33 AM
Old Den Nobile problem betsyb Orchids 13 20-09-2004 01:58 AM
Old Den Nobile problem betsyb Orchids 0 19-09-2004 02:33 AM
Orchid name etymology (Den. nobile) Rob Halgren Orchids 0 19-07-2004 06:07 PM
Den nobile question Dave Sheehy Orchids 2 01-04-2003 01:20 AM