Old 13-07-2006, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Looking for a picture...X posted

The awarded cultivar is 'Orchidglade II', not 'Orchidglade'

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for responding, Ray. That is my thought as well. But: the reason
for this request (a bit convoluted, but I'll do my best to stick to
K.I.S.S.) begins with a photo I received from a fellow society member
yesterday.

She wrote that the plant in the photo had a *******ized tag that read Pat
A Managi 'Orchidglade'. I recognized this immediately because Pot. Amangi
'Orchidglade' is currently in bloom on my patio, and is identical to the
photo she sent. I emailed her the correct tag info.

But today, I heard from her again. She had consulted OrchidWiz, which
described the flower as having brick red petals. Neither her plant nor
mine even remotely resembles that description, and we purchased them in
different places. The "Slc" that came up in Google was for sale on Ebay,
and fit the OrchidWiz description completely.

Now, I understand that weird things happen, but what are the odds of us
having identical plants, bought in different places, mislabeled with the
same incorrect name? Especially since hers was messed up? If anyone has a
photo, I'd be much obliged. Also, I can post a picture of my plant and a
link to the "Slc" over at abpo, if anyone is interested.
Diana