Old 13-07-2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default We are beginners, trying to plan Fuschia...

We're in Tacoma...it's been cloudy lately, but very little rain. They
certainly don't look dead or dying, they just aren't doing much so
we're holding our breath.
Thanks.

Charles wrote:
On 13 Jul 2006 11:51:45 -0700, wrote:

So we've planted a couple fuschias on 2 different sides of our house
here in the norhtwest, and we're not sure if they will survive or what
to do. We planted them with miracle-grow soil from a bag, and watered
them, it's been about 4 days, and they seem a bit limp. Is this ok, do
we just need to give them time..should we ad fertilizer, mulch, more
water, something else?

Give them some time. The soil should be damp, not wet. No more
fertilizer until they get going good, the Miracle-Grow soil already
has enough for them now.

Depends on where you are in the northwest, they will probably need
protection from the cold this winter and from drying winds now. A
light misting of the leaves helps a lot.