Old 14-07-2006, 06:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat

Default Potatoes dying off - normal?

"Zootal" wrote in message
I planted a patch of potatoes mid spring. My girls took a bad of rotten
potatoes that had started to grow, cut them up, and buried them. The plants
grew like crazy, hit about 3 feet tall. Now, they are starting to die for
no reason that I can see. Is this normal? I thought they would grow until
frost killed them. There are no diseases I'm aware, no obvious insect
damage. Plus I can actually see the tops of several potatoes on the
surface, is that also normal? Never grown potatoes before, did not know
what to expect.

Probably ready to eat. Dig some up and check them out.