Old 18-03-2003, 09:00 PM
jo

Default My new rockery....but what's either side?

Hello all,
I am about to embark on the building of a rockery in the widest curve of a
rather long (and completely new) border. I am in the process of trying to
decide what to plant either side of the rockery in order that the display of
shrubs won't look odd alongside it (ie won't be too tall etc) and are in
keeping with the rock garden theme. The rockery will be a mound as opposed
to a flatbed.
The border is in full sun (faces South), is fairly dry and consists of an
alkaline soil.
I created a wonderful rockery a number of years ago, but it was a completely
separate feature and not in a border with other plants flanking it.
I would be very grateful for any ideas.

Jo