Old 15-07-2006, 08:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Changing the blade belt on a Mastercut riding mower.

"Talk2Me" wrote in message
Hello all,

I've had a Mastercut riding mower for about 10 years that finally
shredded a belt.

It's a 12 HP, 42 inch cut.

It's the belt that runs the blades.

I have a new belt, but it looks like it's harder to do than I
anticipated.

The belt has to go around several things and I have no idea how to do
this.

I'm on a limited income and would prefer to do this myself. The shops
cost more than I can afford right now.

Can anyone give me some instruction on how this is done safely and
properly?

Thank you for your help

Here ya go - drop your internet service for a few months and you'll have
enough to pay to have a shop put it on.
or
I've never seen a Mastercut and your's might be the only one running - but
if it's verticle shaft - the belt has to go around the drive pulley from the
motor and the driven pulley on the deck. Each of these pulleys probably have
belt guides that keep the belt from falling off. Loosen them just enough
to slip the belt on and then reposition them and tighten. In between the
two large pulleys there has to be at least one idler / clutch pulley. If
this is a flat pulley the belt goes on the inside of it. If it is a V
pulley the belt goes on the outside. Make sure the deck is in the off
position so there will be slack in the belt as you put it on.