Old 16-07-2006, 01:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
Carolyn

Default Can I just top up my garden pond with common tap water?

We top up our pond occasionally with a bit of chlorinated tap water. Have
never had a problem with fish dying. Usually we top it off with water that
we save in a couple of rain barrels, but if we don't get any rain, we use
the tap water. Just use the minimum needed, should be safe.

wrote in message
Hi y'all
I live in the south of England where right now we are experiencing a
bit of a drought. As a result the water in my garden Goldfish pond is
getting low.
My question : Can I just top up the pond with common tap water? I've
heard I should let it stand for a few hours to get rid of the Chlorine
but I'm not really sure.
Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
TIA.